Cleaning Methods for Touchscreens & All-in-one Touchscreen Computers (COVID-19)
This technical bulletin describes the recommended cleaning and disinfecting procedure for Touchscreen products relative to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19). Included are recommended disinfectant products that are safe for use with Touchscreen products and approved by the US Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Shutdown system and disconnect power.
- Dampen a clean, non-abrasive cloth with a mild soap-and-water solution. Ensure excess moisture is squeezed from the cloth.
- Clean the surfaces and allow them to dry.
- Dampen a new clean, non-abrasive cloth with your chosen disinfectant. Ensure excess moisture is squeezed from the cloth. Or use recommended pre-dampened disinfectant wipes.
- Disinfect the surfaces and allow them to dry.
- For disinfectant solutions that are safe for use with Touchscreen products please see below.
US CDC-recommended disinfectant solutions safe for Touchscreen products:
- Household bleach solution (1/3 cup bleach per gal. of water)
- Isopropyl alcohol (60%-70% solution)
Avoid highly concentrated (70%+) alcohol, bleach or ammonia solutions.
US EPA-recommended disinfectants safe for Touchscreen products:
- Clorox Disinfecting Wipes
- Clorox Healthcare Bleach Germicidal Wipes
- Clorox Commercial Solutions Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectant Wipes
- Lonza Disinfectant Wipes
- Lysol Brand Clean & Fresh Multi Surface Cleaner (20% cleaner solution to water ratio)
- Purell Professional Surface Disinfectant Wipes
- Sani-Cloth Prime Germicidal Disposable Wipes
Do NOT use the following materials when cleaning/disinfecting your Touchscreen product: